Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Biggest Waste of My Life and Time

I get so angry at myself for wasting my life on my now "alternate" account. It might be time to quit THIS fucking account, too! Holy shit!! >:(

What is it with Facebook that makes it so addicting? I'm taking a week's break from it. That's it.

Does anyone else have trouble with this?




Tonight I was reading about how other people struggle with the fact that they will one day die. This feeling of mortality really didn't hit home until I had a child (perhaps I've mentioned this before). It's so difficult to deal with sometimes. It's crippling.

And I think Facebook has become a very good distraction from this. It's become a way to feed opiate to the masses. It's become more than just a social medial platform. It's consuming... at least for me it is.

But this feeling of there being no point... Ugh.

I have actually sat down and cried at the fact that I brought my child into the world and that one day my little one will have to die. My child will be saddened over my death and I will not be able to provide comfort when it is needed the most. My baby will one day in the far, far future die, too.

Is thinking about this shit a sign of depression? Or am I just a deep thinker?

I am so sick of dealing with these feelings... but I think it's important to have them in order to enjoy life.

That probably doesn't make much sense.

Birth and death, birth and death...

This reminds me of something. A nurse once told me when I was in nursing school "Watch the doors. When one person leaves this world, another person comes into it." I did find proof of this one day. I was working at a local hospital during my clinicals. An old lady was wheeled into the ER on a gurney and her older male companion was crying and clearly distraught. They intubated her and kept doing chest compressions. She didn't make it.
I left the ER upset, sad for the old man, and went to labor and delivery. Ten minutes later, a baby was born. At that moment I realized what the nurse was trying to tell me. It often happens in the same hospital, apparently.

Well, if you're still reading, I'm sure there are more posts like this to come. Good luck. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment