Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How do you want to be remembered?

The irony that this is mentioned in my first post is not lost on me. You know nothing of me and here I am telling you how I want to be remembered. Maybe you'll read this blog and find that you agree with my assessment of how I want to be remembered. :) So here goes.

I want to be remembered as a good person... as a good mother, a good friend, a good wife, a good daughter and sister, a good human being. 

It's been so long since I've written anything "creative writing" style. Nursing school kind of beat that out of me. The writing there is so technically-driven. It makes things really difficult now, 2 years after graduation.


So, a little about me:

Well, from my blog title you pretty much know what there is to know in a nutshell. I'm the mother to a beautiful 14-month old. I sometimes still can't believe I have a child when I look at my precious baby. It's kind of surreal. And the responsibility is so heavy. But I wouldn't have it ANY other way. I love this baby so much.

I'm a Pagan. This is my newly found religion as of about 2 and a half years ago. I am a former-Christian, the non-denominational kind. I still consider myself a neophyte. I don't have much time to devote to my religion anymore with taking care of the baby, but I do love the path I'm on. I feel like I've come home. All of my life I've been very nature-oriented. I found solace amongst the trees, the breath of the gods in the wind, the primal power of thunderstorms exhilarated me. As a child I questioned by God didn't have a wife or why God needed genitalia at all if He was an all-mighty creator. Why would a creator need sexual reproductive organs? I never got a satisfactory answer.

My husband is an officer in the military. This makes being more open about my religion difficult. I don't want him to be discriminated against for my religious preferences. Being in charge (an officer) puts him in a unique position. He has to keep his nose clean. If that means that I can't be open, fine by me. Not that I would be open about my religion if that weren't the case. My parents are devout Christians and I would hate for them to find out. If they did end up finding out, I'm sure they would be quite upset. But I don't think they would be surprised. They've always known I've been different--that I've always questioned things. I've considered telling them, by why rock the boat? It's not necessary.


I'm not exactly sure what I'll write about. Maybe the Family Readiness aspect of the military life. Definitely my Paganism. Probably about motherhood. Probably not so much about being a nurse, as I'm a stay-at-home-mom right now. Maybe I will... who knows.




Images obtained from:
http://www.dreamsofgaia.com/art_messenger_10.html
http://homefrontunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/msp.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment